Install the right high-quality windows, and you’ll enjoy a safer, more comfortable home and lower energy bills. The project will also result in a boost to your property value – plus, of course, a boost in curb appeal.
But with all of the options available, how do you know which windows complement the architectural style of your home?
If you’re not sure where to start when shopping for high-quality windows, the Rocky Mountain team can help. Here, we explain the various window types and features to consider.
Types of Windows
Wood frames are the traditional option, but many homeowners prefer fiberglass or vinyl windows. All three come in a vast array of designs at every price point, and seeing the materials in person can help you make a decision on which is the right choice for your home.
Whether you go with wood, fiberglass or vinyl frames, you’ll be able to select the types of windows that best meet your needs. The options include:
- Awning, which have a hinge at the top and tilt open from the bottom
- Bay, which extend outside to provide a panoramic outside view
- Casement, which are hinged at the side to swing open
- Single-hung, which have a fixed top section and open from the bottom
- Double-hung, which can slide open from the top or bottom sash
- Sliding, which feature a single panel that slides to the side to open
You can customize high-quality windows to improve their performance and make them a better fit for the architectural style of your home. Plus, by personalizing your windows, you’ll give them a completely unique look from those of your neighbors.
The many different ways you can tweak the design include:
- Choosing a finish or color that complements your home’s color palette
- Sectioning off the panes with grilles, or decorative vertical or horizontal bars
- Adding between-the glass shades or blinds for privacy and shade
- Installing hardware that melds well with the existing decorative finishes
Talk to Your Window Supplier
For the easiest time coming to a decision on which windows are the right choice for your home, consult with an experienced local window supplier.
The professional team at Rocky Mountain Windows & Doors have been serving northern Utah homeowners for more than 25 years, and we’re known for our superior customer service. We offer a wide range of premium windows from top manufacturers, including JELD-WEN, Simpson, Krosswood and GlassCraft – and we provide an unconditional satisfaction guarantee on every product we install.
We’d be happy to help you explore your options and find a solution that suits your home and your budget. For a free, no-obligation consultation and expert advice on selecting high-quality windows, contact us today.