In Europe, tilt and turn windows have been popular for several decades, as they offer advanced functionality, exceptional performance and style flexibility. Here in the United States, homeowners are just beginning to take notice of the innovative design – and it is quickly becoming a top choice for building and remodeling projects.
So, what are tilt and turn windows? Essentially, they have the ability to tilt open at the top of the sash and, with a turn of the handle, they swing inward like a door. For more details, and to see why these European-style windows are a great investment for your northern Utah home, read on.
How Tilt and Turn Windows Work
A single handle controls the operation, and the handle can be placed in one of three positions.
When the handle is in the downward position, the window is closed and locked. Turn the handle 90 degrees, and you get the function of a casement, which swings open on side hinges. Turn the handle 180 degrees, and you have a hopper window, which tilts open at the top.
Benefits of Installation
With their advanced functionality and easy operation, these European-style windows offer several advantages to northern Utah homeowners. The benefits include:
- Improved ventilation – The tilt function allows hot air to easily escape, while the turn function maximizes air flow.
- Easy cleaning – Due to their swing-open capability, keeping them sparkling on the inside and out is much less of a chore.
- Increased security – With multi-point locking hardware and reinforced construction, these windows can keep your home and family safe.
- Better performance – The design creates an air-tight seal, which eliminates drafts and boosts your household energy efficiency.
- Energy savings – The advanced functionality and impressive performance results in lower heating and cooling costs, saving you money all year long.
Custom Design Options
Another benefit to installing these European-style windows is their flexible design.
Here at Rocky Mountain Windows & Doors, we offer the exclusive JELD-WEN line of products, as JELD-WEN is a long-time industry leader known for manufacturing reliable, energy-efficient windows. Plus, JELD-WEN windows are custom-fabricated to your specifications, and you have a vast range of options. The design choices include:
- Finish – JELD-WEN offers over 40 exterior clad colors and ten interior finishes.
- Grille – Simulated muntin bars in several styles can provide a divided-light look.
- Glass – Textures and tints are available, as is low-E glass, which reflects heat.
In addition, tilt and turn windows can be manufactured in many shapes and sizes, so they can be installed throughout your northern Utah home.
Are you interested in installing JELD-WEN European-style windows? For expert workmanship, unparalleled customer service and fair, competitive pricing, turn to Rocky Mountain Windows & Doors.
A locally owned business serving Salt Lake City, the Wasatch Front region and the surrounding northern Utah communities since 1994, Rocky Mountain Windows & Doors specializes in new construction and renovations. For a free consultation and estimate to install tilt and turn windows, contact our West Orem office today.